Thread: Learn J2EE when we know java very well

Learn J2EE when we know java very well

I want to start learning J2EE, knowing that I already know very well the java. I have often used the language during my 5 years of study and it is 3 years that I use in business. What can you advise me? Is it complicated to master J2EE? Is it really possible to get trained all alone in this kind of techno?

Re: Learn J2EE when we know java very well

I would suggest you to first focus on servlets/jsp in a "basic":
    - Eclipse (still)
    - Tomcat

Goal: make a servlet + jsp. Post a phony web page on your browser.

Once you feel comfortable with the principle of web applications, sessions, settings and whatnot, maybe you get into the most common frameworks (Struts, Spring), and it then finally becomes the rock n roll

J2EE is vast. Before attacking frameworks like struts, hibernate, seam, etc., you concentrate on learning the basic of what form the J2EE:

the servlet / jsp
    Transactions
    JNDI
    EJB

The basic reference book would be the official sun on JavaEE http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/.

A small overview from the link is here:
    The Java EE 5 platform introduces a simplified programming model. With Java EE 5 technology, XML deployment descriptors are now optional. Instead, a developer can simply enter the information as an annotation directly into a Java source file, and the Java EE server will configure the component at deployment and runtime. These annotations are generally used to embed in a program data that would otherwise be furnished in a deployment descriptor. With annotations, the specification information is put directly in your code next to the program element that it affects.

I advise you in order:

1) Servlet / JSP (like Hello World)
    2) Servlet / JSP + DB operations
    3) Servlet / JSP + operations by DB Datasource (JNDI)
    4) EJB
    5) Framework struts or jsf (JSF is more in tune with the times)
    etc. ...

2 and 3 are very close, they could be together ...

Hello Friends,

Let me introduce ourselves as a group of professional having expertise in delivering quality personal training into Java technologies like Java, spring, Hibernate, Struts, Webservice, J2ME etc.

The training is not like classroom training with more of theory and less of hands on. This is purely a professional training which will help you add flavor to your technical skill and meanwhile will server a purpose to provide a solution to industry level problems.

I would recommend high end java framework training for those aspiring candidates having experience of >1 year to grab the things better. However courses like Java, Struts, and Webservice, J2ME are open for all level of students including fresher.

For quote and other information feel free to contact me at shah.dhaval (at) hotmail.com or you can give reach us at +919820675971.

We also guide people with personal training.

P.S There is no word like recession in dictionary for a person coated with valuable skill set.

Regards,
    Dhaval