Thread: How do i delete MS Sans Serif font in Windows Xp

How do i delete MS Sans Serif font in Windows Xp

I has installed Windows Xp as my operating system. Some few days back i had seen the MS Sans Serif font on my system. It seems to be very ugly and it doesn't look good on my system. So, i had decided to delete it from my system, but doesn't know how can i do so. Can any body tell me that how can i delete MS Sans Serif font from my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How do i delete MS Sans Serif font in Windows Xp

In order to remove the fonts from your system follow the below steps mention.

1. Click on Start menu, and then click on Run.
    2. Type the following command, and then click OK: %windir%\fonts
    3. Then Click on the font that you want to remove. To select more than one font at a time, try to press and hold the CTRL key while you select each font.
    4. Then, On the File menu, click on Delete.
    5. When you receive the "Are you sure you want to delete these fonts?" prompt, click on Yes.

Note:- You can prevent a font from loading without removing it from the hard disk. To do this, move the font from the Windows\Fonts folder to another folder.

Re: How do i delete MS Sans Serif font in Windows Xp

Try to find out the following registry key on your system. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Xp\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes. And then delete the above registry key and reboot your system. Now, when you reboot your system you will not find MS Sans Serif font on your pc.