Thread: Vista aero effect

Vista aero effect

i have vista sp1 x64 just installed but when i get into the Window Color and Appearance option i dont see the aero effect. i ve seen all the microsoft support sites but dint get the answer to enable the aero effect.

Kindly help me!!!

Many thanks.

Yogesh Guest

Re: Vista aero effect

Please note:
    Thread moved from Operating Systems to Customize Desktop.

Enable or Disable the Aero Effect in Windows Vista

Step1: Let Windows Vista start normally and log into your personal account. You do not need administrative privileges to enable or disable the Aero effect, as it is a personal setting and can be different for each user.

Step2 : Right-click on an empty space on the desktop to bring up the desktop's context menu. Make sure you're not clicking on an icon or a file as this will open an entirely different context menu.

Step3 : Click "Properties" in the context menu. This will open a window containing various setting for Windows Vista's desktop.

Step4 : Click on the drop-down menu and select the "Windows Color and Appearance" option.

Step5 : Select one of the color schemes you wish to use for your Windows appearance. By default it is set to clear glass (marked "Default"). Simply click on the color scheme you wish to use.

Step6 : Click on the box marked "Enable Transparency" to enable or disable the Aero effect. If there is a check in the box, transparency is enabled.

Step7 : Use the slider marked "Transparency" to adjust the level of transparency you wish to use for the Windows Aero effect. The further right along the slider, the more transparent your windows will appear.

Step8 : Click the "OK" button to enable your changes. You may click the "Cancel" button if you are unhappy with your adjustments and simply wish to leave the settings as they are.

Windows Aero is the premium visual experience of Windows Vista. It features a transparent glass design with subtle window animations and new window colors.

And see this link for more help : http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...bf1033.mspx#E2

Dell C610 PIII 1Ghz
    Docking station
    DLink Radio
    Codi DC/DC adaptor