Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Functions keys are not working on Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 29-09-2008

Functions keys are not working on Windows XP

I bought a Logitech MX5000 Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. It is a combo pack. I had updated the software that comes with it in cd. Now after installation the function keys fails to work. Noe of the function keys are responding. I had checked all the settings and they are active. Even the other keys are working fine on the keyboard. How to fix this. I am using Windows XP.

Old 30-09-2008

It is a hardware failure. If all drivers are installed and other keys are working then your keyboard is faulty. The most you can do is connect the keyboard to some other computer and then test it out. If on that also it does not work then ask for replacement. There is one more way to check the keyboard. Go in bios and see whether function keys are responding or not. If they work there then your system has some issue or improper driver.
Old 12-10-2008

There is a tool that comes with the keyboard. In that you can configure the profiles and see whether all is working fine or not. Try to re-install the keyboard a number of time and see. There might be some settings which has disabled the functions key.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,