Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

rundll32.exe unable to locate component

Windows XP Support

Old 29-06-2008

rundll32.exe unable to locate component

Hello!

I am having some issues that I hope someone can help me with. Two weeks ago my hard drive died and was replaced. Since then, I have been getting a lot of gdiplus.dll errors. Some I have fixed, others I don't know what to do about. I think these issues are all related to the gdiplus errors, but I am not sure.

1. When I look at picture files in My Pictures, they currently only show the JPEG icon and not the actual picture. (I have changed the view, etc - no help). At one point I got an error that said gdiplus.dll not found. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem.

2. My desktop will not restore - it is currently on that white screen that has the button you push to restore - but when I push this button, it tells me that it cannot run the scrips

3. The icons on my desktop are all a weird size - when I try to fix in properties, I get the rundll32.exe error that says unable to locate gdiplus.dll

Other information:
I am running XP on a Compaq laptop. The laptop only came with a restore disk, so I don't have a full copy to run a repair installation (best buy wants to charge me $130 to do with this no guaranteed results). I have tried downloading the gdiplus.dll, but I don't really know what to do with it once I download it.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp you might be able to provide!

Hallie
Can someone help? I really can't afford to take this thing back in for someone to look at it again.

Old 29-06-2008

Re: rundll32.exe unable to locate component

Hello Hallie. Did you searched for gdiplus.dll on your system? What is the result? I think its default location on Windows XP should be

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\SafeDll SearchMode is 1, the current directory is the lastdirectory searched. The default value is 0.

For more help on the same check this article.
Old 29-06-2008

Thanks Joe! That first link had a solution to my problem! I really appreciate the help! Now I have another problem ... look for my next post on ATI control panel!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: