Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Interpreting MEMORY.DMP

Windows XP Support

Old 05-06-2008

Interpreting MEMORY.DMP

I am trying to use dumpchk.exe file here. I am trying to read the errors in memory.dmp. From last couple of days I am facing problem with system crash here. There is ample of bsod on my screen. I am not able to figure out the cause of issue. I tried various things here. I thought dumpchk.exe can help me to find out the exact cause. But it gives no information except date and time of system crash. Is there any better tool available which can read memory dump file and give a more detail information on system crash.

Old 06-06-2008

I do not think you can do much in that. The most common reason behind bluescreen is bad ram. It is necessary that you must simply change the ram slots and test back. The most easiest way here to locate ram issue is memtest. It is a bootable tool that run through DVD. You can simply scan your system with it and checkout ram failure problem. It works really well in location ram errors. If ram error are detected then time has come to replace those sticks.
Old 14-06-2008

BSOD are really very annoying. In my system I am getting bluescreen when I am trying to play some online videos. I cleaned the ram and removed some application also. After struggling with many things I found the issue lies with my Ethernet driver. It was outdated. When I had installed windows 7 I had not updated the drivers. Everything was working so I ignored it. But later on I updated and the system started working fine. There is no issue with it rightnow.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,