Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

keyboard and mouse frozen system restore failed

Windows XP Support

Old 12-05-2007

keyboard and mouse frozen system restore failed

I have a computer and the keyboard and mouse on it freezes and I have to manually shut down my computer. I am using Norton antivirus and I have run different scans and it did not detect a virus. I have also tried many times to do a System Restore from many different dates and that also failed. What else can I do? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Old 12-05-2007

Re: keyboard and mouse frozen system restore failed

You have to reinstall the driver that in most cases is the same one for keyboard and mouse. You can even try to install the 2 different drivers for the keyboard and mouse one is IntelliType Pro 5.2 and the other is IntelliPoint 5.2. Download it directly from the microsoft website from here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downl...s.aspx?id=2447
Old 15-05-2007

Are you also facing any other issues with other devices? You can try to check the Event Viewer that will give you some clue. For same, you can right click on my computer and then manage and then event viewer.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,