Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Desktop Recycle Bin Icon

Windows XP Support

Old 12-03-2007

Desktop Recycle Bin Icon

Hi,

This is Windows XP Home edition system. Don?t know how the Recycle Bin icon got disappeared or deleted from desktop. I want to restore it but dint found a single article on web which could have helped me. Few guys said that I need to click on the Recycle Bin Icon in your Desktop. Damn, I don?t know what makes sense here if there is no recycle bin icon on the desktop itself.

Can anyone of you please tell me where can I get Recycle Bin file to restore it back on my desktop? Many thanks.

Old 12-03-2007

RE: Desktop Recycle Bin Icon

Hi Anantram, just follow these steps to get the Recycle back on desktop:
  • Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  • Navigate to the following registry key:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel
  • In the right pane, right-click the following registry DWORD value, and then click Modify: {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
  • In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK. (The TweakUI utility sets this value to 1 to hide the Recycle Bin icon.)

For more help, check this MS KB Article: How do I make the Recycle Bin appear on my desktop

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: , ,