Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to activate USB port?

Windows XP Support

Old 24-02-2005

How to activate USB port?

I am not at all expert in Hardware and hence need you guys help for a problem. Its my neighbors system running with windows xp. They bought a new USB printer. When they plug it on computer, XP wont detect anything neither there is any response from the printer. When I checked their Device Manager I found there is nothing like "human interface" or "USB" in the list. So does that means that their USB ports are not activated?

If yes, I request you guys to please let me know how to activate the USB ports. Thank you.

Old 24-02-2005

Re: How to activate USB port?

Yeah, you may be correct. If there is no response from the system or printer then probably the USB ports are disabled. Did you tried connecting it with all USB Ports and the same thing happens? If yes, then you will need to activate them from the BIOS.

What is the make / model of the motherboard? Check their Manuals to know how to enable the same.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows XP Support
Tags: ,