Thread: Nikon NEF codec for Vista

Nikon NEF codec for Vista

Nikon has just provided the raw codec for Vista Photo Gallery. This is a kind of short plugin that you can use to view raw images. But the issue with this is that it does not work with 64bit system. I had installed the same, and it is not detected. Even after reboot the same is not working. I had checked on Nikon website which gives a clear specification about the camera that supports the same. But still Vista x64 looks that is not working at all.

I had also installed the same, but it does not seems to be working fine. Instead of this plugins it is far more better if we stick with some software that allow us this feature. The photo gallery is actually useless to some extent. I hope there would be some better features added by Microsoft in it. The current codec that you are talking about is only for 32bit system. You cannot use them in 64bit edition and it will be quiet complicated for you to make it work.

It is a bit issue with compatibility. That is the reason many application basically fails in x64 system. You will need to find Vista 32 compatible system to run those 32bit programs. Or else you will land into error or you might not be able to get a stable system.