Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

x32 programs not running in Windows 7 x64

Windows x64 Edition

Old 07-01-2011

x32 programs not running in Windows 7 x64

I have installed twice Windows 7 x64 on my computer. It took around two hours to get install but still the x32 programs are not working on my computer. All x32 program can be view in the task manager but not working. My mother board is ASUS P5N72-T Premium. I tried with all the settings to overcome this problem but I found no difference. Please anyone tell me what should I do to overcome from this situation?

Old 07-01-2011

Re: x32 programs not running in Windows 7 x64

Well many of the user who are using ASUS based mother board are facing similar problem. I have also heard that root cause of this problem is ASUS Xonar sound card driver. I suggest you to remove this driver from your computer and try to run x32 program. I am assured that it will run efficiently. To solve the issue you have to visit the official website of ASUS drivers where you can download the driver which is compatible with Windows 7 x64. Once it is downloaded you can install it on your computer. If still the issue is not solved you have to uninstall ASUS driver from the computer on temporarily basis and contact the official service center for further assistance. They will let you an appropriate solution on this matter.
Old 07-01-2011

Well for your kind information x32 program runs slow on x64 based environment. You can apply following steps that may help you to solve your problem. Click on Start and select Accessories from the All Programs. You have to right click on the command prompt and choose Run as administrator. User Account Control window will display on the screen. Now paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter. bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff It will display following message on the screen. 'The operation completed successfully'. I hope above mentioned step will fix your problem. Please let me know whether above mentioned solution worked for you not. Thanks for reading this solution
Old 07-01-2011

The entire problem is happening due to the drivers of the Xonar sound card. Once you have booted Windows 7 you should open the Task manager on your computer. You have to kill HSMGR.exe and other process which look similar to it from the task manager. Basically it a part of Asus' EAX but it is broken into Windows 7. Once you killed the both process your x32 program will run the appropriately on your Windows 7 x64. I donít know have any exact solution about the termination of both the process. But I can suggest you to edit your registry to remove from your computer. You can find appropriate registry editor for this purpose from the Google. I hope it will help you to solve your problem.
Old 08-01-2011

I really want to say thank you to all of you who had replied me for the suggestion. You are right there is an issue with the sound card driver of my mother board. For the time being I had deleted the driver from the computer. I am going to write about this problem to the manufacturer of the Mother board. I will definitely let you know once I get updates from the manufacturer. Thanks every one for the replying. I really want to appreciate your efforts that you have put in.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > Windows x64 Edition
Tags: , , , ,