Hello,

I work for a small educational facility with 5 classroom's, each in its own workgroup, one of these workgroups requires the provision for training in m/s office outlook 2000.

What i am trying to achive is this;
being able to send/recieve mail internally for the purpose of this training requirement without the use of any mail servers, other mail apps or any other third party application other than outlook - its not Outlook Express.

Is it possible at all to do this in ms office outlook 2000?
Are rules required?
Do i setup a new account or folder on the tutors unit and try pointing the send mail box from the students to a folder in the tutors outlook account and create a folder for each student for verification as the previous tutors two page documentation eludes to??

As i understand it there was no need for exchange or terminal services to be running for this to occur, apparently it was a "simple setup' where mail was either directed or pointed to a folder from the student to a file, folder or account?

External outgoing mail to the ethers or external incoming is not required for this training element but the, sending recieveing to from our tutors unit, which is outlook 2003, and managing internal mail is.

From the relevent two pages the tutor has found on her unit pertaining to this training, the previous tutor had managed this, or appears to have at least attempted it.

Another issue i have, is the server has also been updated in the last month so a lot of old info and applications that might shed light on this has gone with it.

The training network is using sme server, but i am hoping that i dont have to go that far, as it is quite alien to me at this time.

The setup is pretty simple for this workgroup, these are running off two switches connected by ethernet 10/100 rj45. The o.s's are a combo of win98Se and windows 2000 all are using outlook 2000 bar the tutors which is 2003.

Please help, outlook 2000 is getting the best of me.
Thanks in advance for info or referals on this one.

Cheers
MikeB