Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012

MS PRoject "Who Does What When" Report

I have a project plan that has the same task descriptions for multiple projects (e.g. "Create Test Plan" is a deliverable on all 5 projects). When I run the 'Who Does What When' report, it only lists the task description, so I don't know which project the task is referring to. See below for example.

GANTT CHART VIEW
Project 1
>>>>Testing
>>>>>>>>Create Test Plan..........Bob Smith
>>>>>>>>Create Test Scripts......Bob Smith

Project 2
>>>>Testing

Project 3
>>>>Testing

Project 4
>>>>Testing

Project 5
>>>>Testing

REPORT VIEW
Bob Smith
>>>Create Test Plan................20hrs

Is there a way to show on the report which task is associated with Project 1 vs Project 2, 3, 4 or 5? If not, is there another report that can give me this info?

Last edited by Shawn S. : 04-02-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2012

Re: MS PRoject "Who Does What When" Report

You have to click on the minus sign at the start of the Resource name if you want to hide that person's tasks in the report; click on the plus sign if you want to show the resource's tasks in the report. Run the report. In the report you will still see a single line with just the resource's name even if you have hidden the tasks for that resource.
Old 13-02-2012

Re: MS PRoject "Who Does What When" Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn S. View Post
<snip>
Is there a way to show on the report which task is associated with Project 1 vs Project 2, 3, 4 or 5? If not, is there another report that can give me this info?
I would go to the Resource Usage view, add the Project field and print the left side of the view to create the report. The Project

In the future, you may wish to post questions related to Microsoft Project to the forum specifically for Project:

http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/

I hope this helps.

Julie

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,