Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2011

Need to bypass username password

Hi im not sure exactly where i can place this question but im having a problem bypassing the username password screen on my Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista Basic. I do now have the factory restore disk otherwise i heard that would fix the problem :-/ can anyone help? Ive already tried safemode but it wont work, it only brings me back to the password screen. under the username it says "reset password" but i dont have a file for my USB flashdrive to load it up with. Im just stumped here and could use any help.

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2011

Re: Need to bypass username password

If you can arrange a bootable Windows Vista disc then it is possible to reset the login password. Launch recovery console with the bootable disc and in cmd type "net user" hit enter. You can see a list of user name displayed. Later on type "net user (nameofuseaccount) *" and hit enter. It will ask you to enter new password. Press Enter two three times and reboot your system.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,