Thread: Can't install silverlight 4 tools

Can't install silverlight 4 tools

I have downloaded the recently released visual web developer 2010 express and assumes as the latest version but I am unable to install the silverlight 4 tools for 2010. It states that

" Installation Requirements: Visual Studio 2010 RC or Visual Web Developer Express 2010 RC or Visual Phone Developer Express 2010 that matches the language version of Silverlight Tools 4 must be installed before installation of Silverlight Tools can continue. Silverlight Tools is available in other languages at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=177432. "

I am not getting any way to get rid from this very issues , what can I do in this case ?

Re: Can't install silverlight 4 tools

You are going wrong in the procedure of the installation and that is causing the issue and this very long statement error message. You have to be sure that the components you have installed or in order and the compatibility with the version that you are using ...

The most important thing is that you will have to wait for couple of hours in order to be available for the downloading of absolute tools for VS 2010 released version. The current tools are available for VS 2010 RC.

I am having this error message as well, I am not getting what it indicates for .I have downloaded and performed the installation of VS 2010 Professional (version 10.0.30319.1) successfully . I considered that was the RC? I only selected to go for the installation of C# language.

Then I have tried to do the installation of Silverlight 4 tools from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=141284 and upon trying to install I got the same error message posted above. I thought, VS 2010 Pro was the release components (this is what I have downloaded from the location http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en) . Is this all going on because I only select to install the C# language ?

I am working upon Vista Home Premium SP1, VS 2008 SP1 and in order to this I am using to perform the installation of current released Silverlight Tools. I had it installed, but was unable to debug the Silverlight based application which are being used for Windows Azure, so I done the uninstalled the entire development tools and then reinstalled again . But Silverlight Tools is not continuing in this situation.

According to my log, the error states that "Silverlight.2.0_Developer.exe failed with 0x80070643." Does that mean anything to somebody?

I have searched through so many threads already and didn't got any solution regarding this issue . I get the message indicating that I don't have the appropriate version of Visual Studio installed but I am running with the Version 9.0.30729.1. I have finished the uninstallation and also re-installation procedure. I tried launching the hotfix removal utility and reinstalled the SP1 patch but there is no luck at all. Any suggestion for this very issue ..

Are you confirmed about the fact that you have not performed the installation of beta Version of the Service Pack 1? I am getting same issue after using this :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

And install the proper and applicable Service Pack : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

But maybe you mentioned the appropriate and actual error message which it is simpler to post a fix for you.

There may be some possibilities here to do . The CD, your co-worker provided would be the RTM product; there is no slipstream is available for the Visual Studio 2008 and also SP1 within that and I am not sure about the CD distribution of the service pack (but I guess there could be one.) So it is still possible that you are running with a per-launched version specified for the SP1,that would be ignored.

There is some other possible factor is the SKU. Actually so many type of products known as Visual Studio. Several assumes as quite similar, but to the MSI update technology, they don't have anything to do with each other.