Thread: Classic environment not supported?

Classic environment not supported?

Hi everyone, I have tried to perform the installation of the star craft but it states that it can't due to not having the compatibility with the Classic Environment. I am really in big stuck and never got this issue before . Do you have any idea or any effective method around this that is free and doesn't need to bought an advance OS? Thanks! If I unable to play SC I will be disappointed..

Re: Classic environment not supported?

So I am running with the starcraft installation on my mac, it installed very simply. I put the Broodwar disc, the expansion.. But it didn't got anything working when you insert the disc in so I have to go for opening the disc. There are four options are described - Brood War Installer, B W Archive, an ISP folder that has "Mind Spring" within the same , and a Preview icon.

So I have used to make the clicking them all, the Installer first of course. Nothing seems feasible in this case, I just received the message, "You can't open the application "Brood War Installer" because the Classic environment is no longer supported." Anyone have some idea ?

It indicates that those programs that will not get executed and need OS 9 (Classic). In case when Classic goes dead in the Leopard (and Snow Leopard), they will not be feasible and compatible to work there .

About all you are able to do, if your Mac can go easily with the Tiger, 10.4, is to generate a different partition, or configure up an external drive to perform the installation of Tiger onto. Since Tiger compatible with the Classic, you would be able to run your games at the time booting of those drive.

Hello all, So I am trying to perform the installation of starcraft but it states that the classic environment no longer exists. I have also used to perform the installation of the rosetta because I am running with the snow leopard. and it said it had but it continuously reproducing the same result and stating as the same thing on starcraft. Does somebody have any idea what should I do in this case ?

You would not get them to compatible to run within the Leopard as they would need Classic. Your only have one option and that is just you have to configure up different drive with the OS 10.4.x onto the same, which come up with the proper compatibility with the Classic and play those games at that place . This if your Mac is a G5 or previously released version . Any Intel dependent Mac will not work at all and that doesn't matter actually what you are doing.. .

I am running at lost. One of them is functioning and it si going properly currently . It is working on this very system as I type this. The another one (The expansion: Brood War) would not go for that, yet they both requires the same configuration.

Furthering my question - Why would a standard and advanced operating system always supposed to be able to launch the simple game from 1998. I don't like computers in this environment . I am computer illiterate I am not getting actually what configuration a second drive means.

This could be that the software you specified are "fat binaries" which will launch both in OS X and the previously installed Mac OS, but go with the installer prevented to the old Mac OS.Using Snow Leopard, users are suffering with the same problem with some native-Intel software prompting for the PPC code going within the Rosetta to be installed. I have tried to go with the Mac OS X native installer 1.1 on specified page but it stated that "Failed to mount"."...

what has been failed to mount ? If it was the volume on the dmg having OS X native installer, then you should go for the downloading of the same again -- perhaps it moved to damaged. If the company was better enough to facilitate with the native OS X installer, that will likely be the simplest method to get around the problem...

I had been working with the Eudora 4.2 and it was running within the 10.6 proper way, until before some days , After that when I come up in the front, I got "the Classic environment is no longer supported." ?

Oh, it gets fine - I restarted off an external 10 which states that "Classic not Supported" too! So evidently, there is little bit going on with the Rosetta configuration or the Eudora application. Suddenly decided not to feasible . What's your idea about this ?