Thread: InDesign Backwards Compatibility in CS5

InDesign Backwards Compatibility in CS5

Hello,
    I heavily work with adobe indesign, this includes work such as creating flex boards, posters etc. Now with the release of adobe cs5, the problem arises, that is if I have a file with has been created with cs3 and i want it to work it on cs5, how can I do this? The issue is with backward compatibility, I guess I am correct here. Also, is there any converter that I can use to convert the different version files? Thank you.

Re: InDesign Backwards Compatibility in CS5

For me the InDesign CS to be created template does not open with the version 2.01, which is quite unpleasant, because the customer only has this version. In my opinion, should be compatible with each other formats, at least one should be allowed to exchange. However, I have already tried the Interchange Format inx, but I get the same result.

I was given a file saved with InDesign 2, but I have Indesign CS and I can not open a file, there is apparently a version problem, you would know if there is a patch or something for it work? or should I ask the person having given me the file to re-register in a compatible format. Is this really possible? Any more help on this topic is apprecaited. Thank you.

I use Q2ID (the same plug, but in the opposite direction!) to retrieve files or XP5 XP6 to India, and I am very satisfied for the moment. I just had to complain about a crash, once on a large full color magazine using 70 different fonts. I think that is the volume of data that has panicked the converter. But it is true that the problem is very different for ID2Q. When this converter Markzware has launched symmetrical, Indi-philes which I confess to have some a bit tired , given the huge number of parameters that XP is inherently unable to recover. If you wish you may try this.

I can not convert my file adobe indgn in pdf. I: file, export pdf I export but only the first sheet in pdf on 30 ... whenever I have a sheet ... if anyone can help me, thank you.

Hello,
    you're right file / setting predefined Adobe PDF and then in general (top left), pages (all), you valid (export bottom left).

I'm working on Indesign, Xpress, I learned that there was an extension permutation import files Xpress Indesign: ID2Q. Anyone have information on this extension, I would like to know if it works well, if the converted files are "clean"??