Thread: Compatibility of InDesign CS4 with CS3 or CS5

Compatibility of InDesign CS4 with CS3 or CS5

I am running the InDesign CS4 on the computer of mine and wanted to know something related to the same. If i save a file in the InDesign CS 4 then is it possible for InDesign CS 5 user to open the file and Can InDesign CS 3 user can open the same. If you can then please help me with the same so that i can work more on this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Compatibility of InDesign CS4 with CS3 or CS5

It is completely dependent on the upgradation in the newer version of the product which is introduced with the new feature which was not supported in the older version. So if your file is having the incompatible feature then it is obvious to not to get the same feature in the new version or the oldest version as the newer version is always having some upgrade.

I don't think so that it will work with the older version of your InDesign. As i have used the InDesign CS which is not supporting the file of the Version 2.0.1 that i have tried. So i don't think that this file will be supporting the same. This is what my opinion but its just a prediction might be Adobe is having some new update for same.

Even i am agree with the same discussion that is regarding the not supporting feature of the Adobe InDesign. Also to wanted to share some regarding the same that you are going through. So if you can then check out the below given link which is having the discussion about the same. Here are the link.
    InDesign Backwards Compatibility in CS5

There is a plugin of the Adobe available that will help you with the upgradation of the InDesign file of the older version of the file to run then newer version of the InDesign. The one which i am talking about is known as the Q2ID. So download the same and see whether you are able to run the file on the newer version or not.

If all the above is not working for you and you are still having the problem with the same then i will advise you to contact the Adobe and get the satisfactory answer for your problem. The expert on the Adobe Forum will let you know how you can get it working with the issue of yours. So please go through the same and see whether you got it or not.