Thread: X-25V firmware update fails

X-25V firmware update fails

I have been using the intel X25-V. The X25-V is the third model in the range of SSD Intel already made up of X25-M and X25-E. While i was trying tio run the firmware update on my X-25V which i use with my dell inspiron desktop. I usually get an error message which states as mentioned below:

[PMODE/W] Abort: 00

Exception: 0D

It appears as i am missing something please tell me how to get rid of this problem.

Re: X-25V firmware update fails

The Intel SSD is clearly the penalty for those who want to sample the joys of SSD without breaking the bank. It is particularly suitable for those seeking a quick drive system supported by a larger disk for data. In the case of a laptop, it is interesting but it will also take account of its ability just a little 40 GB at least to second again but with an external hard drive this time.

It is based on the same controller as the Intel Postville but manages only five channels because it has only five NAND Flash chips. This is most evident with maximum flows writes a bit feeble 40 Mb / s. For the rest, one has the right qualities of Intel SSD to find excellent rates with small files and a rapid rise in flow. The reading is less affected than writing compared to Postville and with more than 170 Mb / s, it is at a level sufficient to make us forget that a hard disk.

The icing on the cake, the performance degradation is limited and through the support of TRIM, Automatic Windows 7, and manually via the DSS Toolbox (programmable), there is really not to worry on that front. In short, this is the best way to discover the world of SSD without asking for a loan to his banker. High-end, mid-game and low-end, Intel dominates once more outrageously about it.

Firmware installed two days ago. No problem. I also installed yesterday Intel_SSD_Toolbox TRIM manages the XP and Vista, and seven ready when the system uses the Intel driver disk (the one with Microsoft - AHCI - location, right by Seven, the utility 's is not required). Suddenly I also installed under XP (multi-boot XP on my machine Seven). Everything works perfectly.

Finally, I read a comment from someone saying that a firmware update is done only when one encounters a problem. In the case of the SSD update the firmware can support a major feature (TRIM) that is why this update was long awaited and that people applied without any problem! However I agree that we should always wait for feedback before the update. but it will always testers!

Hello friend, or almost the same for me. I have my 80GB SSD X25 Postville in the box for 7 days because I am still waiting delivery of housing and the radiator / fan Cooler Master TX3 out for 15 days LDLC. Suddenly, I'm stuck up for my config, but I already burned a CD for the SHIFT SDS. I think I will abstain.