Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-03-2010

Unable to read dvd in ubuntu

Hello,
I can no longer play DVDs on Ubuntu for some time. In fact what happens is that the DVD release window Totem opens then closes immediately after. So I thought a problem with totem and I installed vlc and nothing worked either. If guys if you have a solution for this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.
Old 24-03-2010

Re: deve problem in ubuntu

Hello,
Since the last time you tried to read a dvd did you install new stuff? Or modify certain things connected with the reading of videos (like you've installed a new video player that appears ,...), it is possible that the problem comes from something that you install and (maybe, you never know) you've removed a lib. Or you may have moved the drivers of the audio. Please check if the audio drivers are installed and they work perfectly.
Old 24-03-2010

Re: Unable to read dvd in ubuntu

Hello,
Try to do with libdvdcss is to circumvent the DRM protections type with the sed command, type this command in the terminal as a root user and then see what is the output you get. IF you get an error then post here an we will try to find a solution. (incidentally ... and try mplayer or kaffeine, they tend to be more voluble on the errors ...)
Old 24-03-2010

Hello,
Even I have a problem of reading the dvd in my ubuntu linux operating system. Otherwise yes I have installed many things since the time of the coup no way of knowing what has changed. In contrast to the Bookstore 'libdvdcss' no way to find the source. I have tried changing the dvd writer but the result is the same and it problem is still there, if you have a solution for this then it is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 24-03-2010

Hello,
I think you can follow this, after decompressing the archive you can run the install and I get this error:
Here is the code
Code:
configure:  C + + preprocessor "/ lib / cpp" fails sanity check
So you can installed the c + + compiler, namely g + +, tyr this and see if this help you. If you still have the problem then post back with the error you get.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,