Thread: Unable to read dvd in ubuntu

Unable to read dvd in ubuntu

Hello,
    I can no longer play DVDs on Ubuntu for some time. In fact what happens is that the DVD release window Totem opens then closes immediately after. So I thought a problem with totem and I installed vlc and nothing worked either. If guys if you have a solution for this then it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: deve problem in ubuntu

Hello,
    Since the last time you tried to read a dvd did you install new stuff? Or modify certain things connected with the reading of videos (like you've installed a new video player that appears ,...), it is possible that the problem comes from something that you install and (maybe, you never know) you've removed a lib. Or you may have moved the drivers of the audio. Please check if the audio drivers are installed and they work perfectly.

Re: Unable to read dvd in ubuntu

Hello,
    Try to do with libdvdcss is to circumvent the DRM protections type with the sed command, type this command in the terminal as a root user and then see what is the output you get. IF you get an error then post here an we will try to find a solution. (incidentally ... and try mplayer or kaffeine, they tend to be more voluble on the errors ...)

Hello,
    Even I have a problem of reading the dvd in my ubuntu linux operating system. Otherwise yes I have installed many things since the time of the coup no way of knowing what has changed. In contrast to the Bookstore 'libdvdcss' no way to find the source. I have tried changing the dvd writer but the result is the same and it problem is still there, if you have a solution for this then it is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I think you can follow this, after decompressing the archive you can run the install and I get this error:
    Here is the code
    Code:
    configure:  C + + preprocessor "/ lib / cpp" fails sanity check
    So you can installed the c + + compiler, namely g + +, tyr this and see if this help you. If you still have the problem then post back with the error you get.