Thread: Itunes Error : The folder itunes cannot be found or created

Itunes Error : The folder itunes cannot be found or created

Hi,

I am running Windows Vista 32bit, some time ago I purchased an Ipod Touch. I download and install Itunes but when I run: Itunes Error : The folder itunes cannot be found or created" This is the default folder inside the Music folder. As usual, when I have a problem, I rushed to the aid forum but I is not found the solution. However I think that itunes does not recognize my Music folder because I had to delete and recreate. So I guess that the solution to my problem is to reinstall the Music folder as system folder.Thank you for your responses.

Re: Itunes Error : The folder itunes cannot be found or created

I found the solution if you did not!

1. Start> Run ...
    2. Type Regedit
    3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    4. Verify that the following key you have the right values: - My Music
    5. These keys are of type REG_EXPAND_SZ
    6. Put the Opposite values location as for the other key change in My Music.
    7. Then I create the Music folder and it works
    8. 4. Check that there is an entry for "My Music" and point to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Music or C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\My Music
    9. (You can edit the value by double click)
    10. 5. Close RegEdit
    11. 6. Restart

I had the same problem and I had several times because my iTunes folder is on an external hard drive. Here's the solution: hold down the shift key when you click the shortcut to iTunes. A window opens and offers you to choose either a library (useful in my case file lost) or to create a new (new scan necessary).

To resolve Itunes Error : The folder itunes cannot be found or created, First download and install Tweak UI tool . This utility is only for Windows XP. Before installing the utility Always check with its system requirements. After you install Tweak UI utility to open it from the Start menu. In the left column, click the plus symbol (+) next item on My Computer ( «My Computer) and select Special Folders (« Special Folders "). In the right pane, under Special Folders ( «Special Folders") in the popup menu, Folder ( «Folder), select My Music (« My Music ").Click the Change Location ( «Change location"). You may receive a warning message about the precautions that should be followed when changing this setting. After reading the message, click Yes ( «Yes"). In the resulting window, open the folder My Music ( «My Music"),and click OK. Reinstall or open iTunes.

I had a trick: I created a "normal" folder "My Music" under "My Documents" Then I tried TweakUI, and opened the file "LW / Paths. Then I selected in the system folders "Documents" and choose "Modify" Just a warning pops up, but which I ignored. I defined a new path for the System folder files might be my new folder "My Music" After a reboot, I launched iTunes - it worked!!