Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-01-2010

ohmy Computer Keeps Rebooting!

My computer won't stop rebooting after I had closed SVHost.exe
on Windows XP.
I can't even run it in Safe Mode or normal mode and when I try those options,
my computer restarts after it shows the windows XP loading window showing a blue window in less then half a second. Then it restarts again
Is there a way to access something to repair the problem without reformating my machine?
Old 14-01-2010

Re: Computer Keeps Rebooting!

If your computer is not starting in normal mode or the Safe mode then this is clear that when you closed the SVHost.exe after that the Windows XP is not able to start this process during the Reboot of computer system by itself. And now your system is not starting at all. So there is only one way left for you. You have to repaire your windows XP operating system. Insert the Installation disc of the Windows XP and boot from the disc. Select "Repair windows" option from the given list. Complete the procedure. Now your computer will be working properly.
Old 14-01-2010

Hi friend,

Your system might have virus and because of that it keeps rebooting. The basic symptom of this infection is that you computer gets shutdown automatically. I suggest you to download the diagnostic tool known as 'Hard Disk Drive Utilities/Diagnostics' for checking your system's hard drive. And let see if your problem get solved by this diagnostic tool or not.
Old 14-01-2010
Dr. V

Firstly, would tell what does Svchost file do in Windows. This file in short is known for 'service host'", and it consider as a core part of the our operating system that provides support to many of the required services that are Windows. But closing can't do this things also, your computer should atleast start in Safe mode, but that is creating problem means your may be infected by some viruses or trojan horse. I would suggest you take HDD to your friend, who has licensed antivirus and scan it and remove the virus if there. Hope after that your HDD will be able to work again.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,