Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iTunes freezes on Windows XP

Windows Software

Old 09-11-2009

iTunes freezes on Windows XP

Hi, i am new to this community, so first of all Hello to you all guys. I am in need of some help from you all guys regarding iTunes on Windows XP. my younger brother has bought a new iPod Touch couple of days ago, so in order to sync files to the same, i installed iTunes 8 to my Windows Xp computer. There was no issue while installing but when i am trying to launch iTUnes, it just freezes and hang the system as well. Could you guys please make me know how can i fix this annoying issue ? Thanks for all your help,.

Old 09-11-2009

Re: iTunes freezes on Windows XP

I am also using iTunes 8 on my windows XP and it is working fine. Make sure you have the recommended minimum system requirements to run it properly:-
  • Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later or 32-bit editions
  • 1.0GHz Intel or AMD Processor
  • broadband Internet to use the iTunes Store
  • a DirectX 9.0-compatible video card with 32MB of video RAM
  • Quicktime 7.5.5
  • Quicktime-compatible audio card
  • 200MB free disk space
Old 09-11-2009

When troubleshooting a variety of issues, it can be useful to determine if the issue affects a specific Windows user account or all accounts. Follow the steps below to create a new user account in Windows XP:-
  • From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.

• Open User Accounts.

• Select Create a new account and follow the instructions to complete the account setup process.

• Once the new account is created, choose Log Off from the Start menu.

• Open iTunes and determine whether the issue you were experiencing persists in this new user.
Old 09-11-2009

The first thing to do when troubleshooting an installation issue on a Windows computer is make sure you have the latest Microsoft Windows updates installed. Also try removing the iTunes Plug-ins. Third-party iTunes plug-ins can cause many issues, particularly if the plug-in has not been updated to be compatible with new versions of iTunes. iTunes plug-ins are stored in the following location:
Quote:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins
Old 09-11-2009

Thanks for the quick help friends.. i just remove iTunes and installed it again in the new user account and that worked for me. That is all i wanted to know.. I really appreciate your valuable and help. Keep it up !!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,