Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009

How to combine parts of a .AVI file

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Just few days back one of my friend sent me a film which has been fragmented into a number of parts each identified with:
Quote:
filename.avi.001
filename.avi.002
filename.avi.003
So, i would like to know that how can i combine these files into one .avi file? Is it possible for me to do so? Any one knows about it? Please let me know the correct way for doing it. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-11-2009

Re: How to combine parts of a .AVI file

According to me use Virtualdub or one of it's variants. Rename the the files extension to .avi and not .avi.001 etc.There is a program called HJ-split you can use to combine parts of a particular .AVI file
Old 03-11-2009

You need to download and instill HJ Split and it will say join and split, click on join, and locate the movie file (only one of them will show up), and it will join it for you. Choose the output folder and then in the input file put the something.avi.001 file.
Old 03-11-2009

HJSplit is a popular set of freeware file-splitting programs created by Freebyte.com in collaboration with various programmers. Select all the files.Right-click on the first file(xyz.avi.000) and select RENAME. Then rename it to xyz.avi.(001). Now all your files would have been rnamed sequentially.
Old 03-11-2009

HJSplit can join these split parts back together again, so that the original file is restored. These files were probably split with HJSplit.Use HJSplit to re-unite them to a single file. Alternatively, you can use HJJoin for this, which is a tiny and specialized program for joining files.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,