Thread: How to use full screen browsing

How to use full screen browsing

I want to know how to use full screen mode in Internet explorer 8? I have heard about the feature of using full screen browsing but dont know how am i supposed to use it? What is the keyboard shortcut we have to use? My friend used it on firefox and I was hoping that someone can give me some information about it. Most of the web search that I have heard is done by the mouse buttons and we hardly have to use keyboard as such is what I have heard? Thanks for giving me any information.

Re: How to use full screen browsing

I dont know about Internet explorer but I know how to use Full Screen Browsing in Safari. Here's the procedure that is needed:

1. First you will have to righh click on the safari browser and then choose show contents to get something called Info.plist file.

2. Afterwards you will have to add some entry to a key called "Application UI Presentation Mode" and change its valuse to “All Suppressed.”

Then try to create a bookmark to fully zoom the window to take advantage of all this newly available space on the screen.

3. Add a new bookmark called TrueZoom and in the address field put this handy little javascript: javascript:self.resizeTo(screen.availWidth,screen.availHeight);.

4. Afterwards try to create another bookmark with the name UnZoom and use this bit of javascript in the address: javascript:self.resizeTo(900,600);window.moveTo(200,200).

Thats it you will be done.

Below you will be able to see how to open Internet Explorer browser with full screen by making some changes registry, and to do this you have to set different value in the registry DWORD:

1. First click on the Start button, and then afterwards click Run.

2. When a box Opens, you will have to type regedit and then click OK.

3. The Registry Editor will open and in that, locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\fullscreen

4.This STRING value set to "yes" will force new IE Windows to full screen.

Note: This does not work for me on my Windows 2000/IE 6 system.

Here's how to use or enable full screen mode in internet explorer 8 when viewing any websites:

Either click the "Tools" button on internet explorer 8 and select "Full Screen" mode to get a very ease way to enable full browsing.

Or

* You can either select "View" from the menu bar to get "Full Screen" mode and then press the F11 key.

This way you will get the full screen mode enabled in Internet Explorer 8.