Thread: problems after windows downloads

Exclamation problems after windows downloads

my problems started when i downloaded i. explorer 8.1 with m.s.n. windows automatic
    August downloads, i started to get blue screen every fifteen min.
    September downloads, i am unable to use my folders or any other features on the start menu e.g control panel.
    welcome centre should be displayed at start up it does not, i am told to go to set association panel, this is not possible.
    This is my first p.c (feb 2009) i do not understand why September downloads should cause such horrific problems. WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP.

Re: problems after windows downloads

You could try the system restore to the previous date when your pc was working fine. Also try to boot in safe mode and see if you can uninstall those updates from add remove programs in control panel.

The problem started after adding Internet Explore 8. So the best solution will be to uninstall and turned off your Automatic Updates. If you have a system restore point then restore your computer. The application is located in Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Choose the first option and click on Next. Then in the calender select a old date before putting Internet Explorer 8 in your computer. Click Next. If you did not find any date there then go to Control Panel > Add Remove Program and uninstall the program from there. On the blue screen a error number and description is displayed. Note down that and post here for more troubleshooting tips.

no access to control panel. what can be opened will now only open in ONE NOTE.

Have you tried system restore? a another option would be to consider repair install for your system.

Problem with this update is due to some application conflict so as you trying to update to latest component of IE but have you update your windows service pack ? now go to safe mode and uninstall latest install application and driver and reinstall them after completion of all windows update..