Thread: Sending HTML email in Microsoft Outlook

Sending HTML email in Microsoft Outlook

I am new to Microsoft Outlook, using it from last couple of weeks. Now as every one do, i also need to send a email newsletters with Microsoft Outlook to many of my clients and friends. But that needs to send HTML email that i have no idea how to do. Could you guys please help me out in this. Please make me know how can I send my email in html using Outlook Express ?

Re: Sending HTML email in Microsoft Outlook

The clickthrough rates are noticeably higher on HTML email. Analytics show that customers are less likely to unsubscribe from HTML email than their text counterparts. HTML which is the default format for Outlook is also the best format to use when you want to create messages that are similar to traditional documents, with various fonts, colors, and bullet lists. To send HTML emails properly, they need to be coded in a special format, called "multipart/alternative." That means you have both a clear-text and HTML e-mail in a message combining. Then, if a recipient's e-mail application can 't (or won' t) View HTML e-mail, is clear-text instead show. This is usually something a programmer has to supply your e-mail server types.

To send your email in html using Outlook Express, just go through this simple steps:-

• Using your favorite HTML web page creation program (Microsoft Front Page, Macromedia Dreamweaver, etc.), compose a web page which will actually become your e-mail message. Use colors, fonts, tables and even forms built into your web page message to create your e-mail.

• Check your HTML code and be sure to use absolute URL references (use the full path) for your images links and forms. For example, you must use something like: mydomain.com/images/banner.gif rather than just banner.gif If you do not use the full path to your graphics for example, they will not show in your e-mail message. If you do not use the full path to your URLs, they will not work in your e-mail message.

• In the message window, click where you want to add the Web page text.

• Click the Insert menu, and then click Text from File. Change the Files of type box to HTML Files, and then find the file you want to add. Then add an address and subject and presto your on your way.Source:hypergurl

Using the HTML message format in Outlook, you can choose from many designs of stationery for the greeting or announcement you want to send or even for your everyday e-mail. With the stationery you choose, Outlook provides appropriate fonts, images, and background colors for your message.
    • Click Inbox.
    • Do one of the following:
      • If you're using Outlook in the Corporate or Workgroup configuration, on the Actions menu, point to New Mail Message Using, and then click the stationery you want to use.
      • If the stationery you want is not listed, click More Stationery, and in the Stationery list, click the one you want to use.
      • If you're using Outlook in the Internet Only configuration, on the Actions menu, point to New Mail Message Using, and then click More Stationery. In the Stationery list, click the one you want to use.