Thread: Burn LionGate's DVD movies

Burn LionGate's DVD movies

Hi,
    I am not able to burn a LionGate DVD. I have a Nero 9 and gives a burning error when I try to copy the movies in a different disc. Anyhow I am just backing up my disc. Which software can burn this disc. And why my burner is not excepting the disc. I burned a lot disc before but hardly found such error. The same I had faced once on a Sony disc. Thanks in advance.

Re: Burn LionGate's DVD movies

The disc which you are trying to burn is write protected. That means it prohibited under copyright law to create a same copy of the disc by the purchaser. You cannot create the same copy. Today burning of original disc is banned and termed as illegal offense under law. If caught doing this then you can face some legal complications.
    Copy write protected Disney Bolt Movie

The movies of LionGate normally comes on a Microvision disc. Both the companies are under a contract that the DVD protection technology would be implemented so that the piracy of their disc can be protected. The video protection technology designed by Microvision allows a consumer to view the DVD picture but does to allow to copy them. Because even after that there are multiple third party tools which can burn this disc. LionGate is a leading distributor of home entertainment. The technology is implemented at the best interest to protect the content.

LionGate's DVD are copyright protected. The technology implemented by Microvision Corporation in collaboration with LionGate does not allow any consumer, third party tool to create a copy of disc. You must know that when you purchase the disc you only get a license to view it personally at your home. Disc piracy is causing million of loss every year to the companies. So severe measure are carried out for the same. According my advice do not try to create a copy.