Thread: How to crop a video ?

How to crop a video ?

What would I need to crop a video clip? I am trying to crop a video to cut out the extra spaces. Is there any programs that can crop videos?

Re: How to crop a video ?

VidCrop is a complete video cropper for various digital video formats. User can remove useless frames and also parts of the frames by cropping it, which gives a zoomed in, cramped image with much important video information.

VidCrop supports all the video formats depending on video codecs installed, so VidCrop can easily work with avi, asf, mp4, mpg, mpeg, mov, wmv and others. Re encoded output video file would be avi or wmv and it will be controlled with width, height, frames per second and other codec properties.

Flash Video Encoder provides the following editing options to crop and resize video clips before encoding them:

Cropping alters the dimensions of a video clip. You can eliminate areas of the video to emphasize a particular focal point within the frame such as highlighting a character by removing ancillary imagery or removing unwanted backdrops.

1. From the Encoding Profiles panel of the Video Import wizard, specify an encoding setting for the video clip.
    2. Click the Crop and Resize tab.
    3. Enter values for the right, left, top, and bottom edges to crop the video, or use the slider controls to visually adjust the dimensions of the video. Guides in the preview window indicate the cropped area.
    4. To set the in and out points, drag the in and out point markers below the scrubber bar until you finish adjusting the video clip size. For greater precision, select the in and out point markers, and use the left and right arrow keys to locate specific points in the video.

The video preview window visually identifies beginning and ending frames where you can trim the video clip. To locate specific times where you can trim the video clip, use the elapsed time counter (located in the Trim section of the dialog box).
    5. To preview the video, drag the play head over the scrubber bar to ensure that the video plays appropriately.
    6. To further modify the video’s encoding settings, select either the Cue Point or the Encoding tab, or to return to the main Flash Video Encoding dialog box, click OK.

virtualdub is a free video editing program that can crop videos.

noltyx Guest

hm..Are you try VidCrop PRO ??
    i used this tool for croping..

I also use too VidCrop PRO, it very helps me in work.

Dylan18 Guest

As for me,i prefer use VidCrop.It's prog for crop video.It's helps me a lot)

twoDoctor Guest

Crop is very easy video editing function ... any video tool has it :-)
    for example, i using a VideoCharge Studio, so it software can do any video edition action with video that your want :-) and crop as well!

Dr. V Guest

You have to use VirtualDub software. VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms.It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

Well, there are lots more Video editing tools that allows you to do more with editing , cropping , etc... You can find it here. Some are shareware and some of them you cab get for free also . For more info on cropping video files, go through these posts:
    How do I crop mp4 file?
    How to crop an avi file