Thread: Startup problem with DDE

Startup problem with DDE

I bought a new external hard drive . it works nicely . But after turning off the computer, always with the hard drive turned on (well, it self extinguished as soon as the PC is disconnected) I again, it sounds a standard startup (the beep beep beep ^ ^ ' ) But it blocks just after, the external hard disk make a strange noise and the page does not move O_o, so I restarted by disconnecting my external hard drive and poof itl. I not understand is boring enough to extinguish and relight especially since I installed linux if it is disconnected o_o short end.

Thank you in advance

This is probably the option to boot from an external drive that is enabled in your BIOS. It is also a problem that I have often seen in Packard Bell PC fairly recent

I am not a PC parckard bell () ( my DDE against, Store & Save 3400 = D) And how do you make to change the option of DDE? Because when i watched the boot menu (F2), I have absolutely nothing:>

to change the order of the boot, you have to go in the setup of your motherboard (the BIOS what). For that you must press delete or F2 at boot time (it depends on your motherboard).
    Then he must find the "Boot option", "Boot order", or something in kind. Then you boot the rule for the first drive is your CD, 2nd your internal hard drive, and then the external drive.

The problem is that if I turn my DDE at startup, it blocks before displaying the Boot page of the menu, and if it is off, it detects nothing

Nothing can block a bios a part a bad connection or damage to your motherboard.