Thread: Administrator Account Locked Out

Administrator Account Locked Out

I have installed Windows XP with Service Pack 2 on my pc. I have made 2 user accounts and given 1 account the admin rights and then other one limited rights. Now, once in a while, if I try to login on my account and enter my password then I will get a message that my account has been locked out - please contact the admin? There are also few times that I may or may not sign on using the limited account as it will be also locked out. Does anyone has got some workaround for this issue?

Re: Administrator Account Locked Out

There is a security setting determines the number of minutes a locked-out account remains locked out before automatically becoming unlocked. The available range is from 0 minutes through 99,999 minutes. If you set the account lockout duration to 0, the account will be locked out until an administrator explicitly unlocks it. If an account lockout threshold is defined, the account lockout duration must be greater than or equal to the reset time. For more information visit this website - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

If you want to log on to a computer as the administrator to reset a password, try the following steps.

1. Log on as an administrator.
    2. Restart the computer.
    3. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE two times, and then type the name of the administrator user account.
    4. Note If you do not know any other administrator user account, try to type Adminstrator in the User name box.
    5. In the Password box, type the administrator password, and then click OK.
      Note If you do not know the administrator password, leave it blank, and then click OK.

Check for some more troubleshooting method over here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305#method1