Thread: CC hair not working for Sims 3 in Mac

CC hair not working for Sims 3 in Mac

I am having Sims 3 with the latest patch applied to it. Form few days my third party cc hairs are not showing in the list whenever I try to click on it some weird balding hair style comes up. It’s happening only with the hairstyle since I am also having the custom content cloths which are appearing correctly for me. This problem happens only sometimes otherwise it works perfectly for me. Does anyone has solution this one. If having please provide me.

Re: CC hair not working for Sims 3 in Mac

I am having Sims 3 with Generation Expansion pack. I am having the same problem as you having. For this I have tried to clear the cache file and it works for me. So try to clean it. It will help you. If you have any mods then also such a problem can arise in game. You can try to move the mod folder. It can solve problem. But in my case I have tried the first one which is clearing the cache works only once for me. Then I also face bland hair problems with my game. So this problem only arises sometimes and not always. It can be in game problem. Since yesterday when I play the game I am not facing this problem.

Hello,
    I am having only Sims 3 base game. I have updated it with the latest on that is 1.30 which is out now for mac and windows. So as far what I see that this custom content hair problem is starting arising form patching the game to the latest version 1.30. Since its working till the version of 1.27 for me. so the patch which is out is creating actual problems the custom contents which are added in the game.

I have also tried this to resolve the problem. You can also try this. since I am thinking that it may be the conflict in custom content which is causing the problem. So try to remove all the custom content from it except hairstyles. After removing this try to run the game. I am hoping that it will run with the custom content hair and not shows some weird hair style. And I agree that this is happening from patch 1.30 so you can try to downgrade to the older version that is 1.27.

I am having some solutions which I have tried. You can notify the problems if you have multiple users on Mac playing Sims 3 with some different contents. I have figured out like that only. I have checked that some of the cc hairs which will be added can cause entire cc hair contents not to work with the game. I am suggesting you try to check all the content. And check whether which hairstyle content causing the problem. Now remove that custom content. Other thing which I tracked that if we add custom content manually in the mod folder can cause this problem so as above says try to clear the cache file. So what you have to do is to find the good quality custom content which can’t create such a problem.

All the custom contents are made with TSR workshop tool so it’s not mattering that who is creating which content. The tool may have some problem for creating content for Mac. It can be also problem with the content which has been made. I tried to find the creator who made the cc hair styles on TSR workshop. He said that ea has solved the issue of TSR works tools. After the version 1.30. He says that all the newer custom content hairstyles will work with the Mac. So now delete the hair which are not working and install the newer one which are available for download.