Thread: Sims 3 game constantly freezing in Mac

Sims 3 game constantly freezing in Mac

I am using iMac with 10.5.7. I am Sims 3 installed on the system. I am playing the game every day. Few days back the game is working perfectly well but now it freezes to me. the game is note freezing at the startup. But in the random situations. Whenever I play it freezes after half hour. And game always freezes at the create a sim mode. The only solution to come out of this is to restart the computer. Can anyone have solution for it?

re: Sims 3 game constantly freezing in Mac

You are using the iMac. I know you like to play Sims 3 but iMac doesn’t feet in the minimum requirement for the game. Check the requirements on the sims 3 site. It’s not compatible and you are forcing it to play such a heavy game. Therefore it is giving you the problem of freezing. Try to contact ea about this problem. Try to post ticket to EA. They will find the solution if they have for your pc. And other thing don’t push your system to run a game it will cause problem to the system.

I am also playing Sims 3 on iMac. And faced few days before such a problem. I am having solution for you which you can try. Try to run the game at the lowest graphics settings main thing turn of the shadows and anti aliasing if enabled. In game settings make game to run in window mode. Now try to run the game it will run in windows mode. You will never face such a problem again. The graphics level goes down looks slightly bad but it’s ok if you want to play the game.

I am playing Sims 3 with the expansion pack world adventure . but never faced such a problem of game freezing. Check for graphics drivers update. And if you found such a update install them on the system. And which version of the game you are using . try to check for the updates for new patch trough game launcher. After applying the patch now try to run the game. It can solve your problem. And other thing I will suggest you go to game settings and enable the advance settings option . it will solve the problem.

I can help you to resolve the freezing problem of game. Many times such a freezing problems occurs due to the overheating of the system. So check that your iMac is not overheating while playing the game. If it doesn’t then try SMC Fan software. You can search it over Google. This tool will help you to control the fan speed. And helps you to cool the system. If it crashes after same time range. Your system can have dust on internal parts. So try to clean your iMac it can be due to dust clogging. Since dust will cause overheating.

I am having Sims 3 with the outdoor living stuff. Before when I have only Sims 3 the game works perfectly for me without any freezing problems. But after installing the Sims 3 outdoor living stuff I am facing the problem of game freezing. So I have tried to update everything in game. as I know auto updater will update only base game. So I have updated each and every stuff. After doing that I have cleared the cache file. And given one restart. Now I am not facing freezing problem. Try to reinstall the game can also solve your problem.