Thread: Fallout New Vegas Dead Money DLC: Xbox Crash

Fallout New Vegas Dead Money DLC: Xbox Crash

I recently spent ten dollars on downloading the newest DLC (and just DLC) for Fallout: New Vegas. It looks really amazing but every time I go to enter the cinematic to initiate the DLC, it goes to a loading screen then instantly turns black and freezes my Xbox. I have tried restarting it a thousand times, and even took off all my items, thinking it was a quest item related bug. I do not know what else to do, or who to talk to in order to get my money's worth, can anybody help?

Re: Fallout New Vegas Dead Money DLC: Xbox Crash

Here I just wish to add something. Had the same problem, try this: Load up your character and let it sit there for a while, it apparently takes a while for the DLC to load in a way that won’t freeze your box. Next fast travel to the gas station west of the bunker. Travel to the bunker, unequipped all weapons and attire. This should allow you to enter. It seems that getting to the bunker too fast freezes up the game. How long did you wait for?

From the time it took to fast travel to the gas station west of the bunker, forget its name. I was fast travelling to the NCR base north of the bunker, but I was getting there too fast and it would freeze. I loaded a dissimilar character that didn’t have the base to fast travel to, only the gas station. By the time I got there with that character it stopped freezing. It would either freeze while falling towards the ground or during the load screen.

Each time I enter the room with the little box in the bos bunker, gas comes out and I fall over. The screen loads for 2 or 3 seconds then turns black. My Xbox freezes and this has happened 3 times. I re-downloaded it, I have all the patches and updates, and I make certain my character has not anything equipped, I am truly disappointed cause I save up my money, and then I purchase something I can’t use. I sometimes press the center button, and it shows my friends and stuff, but the background is frozen and while I bring the screen back down, it goes black, when will this work.

I waited and dropped ALL of my guns and apparel, and the dlc loaded! So just stand right before the gas for like a minute I guess, and then try it. At a standstill an annoying problem. I just wasted an hour trying to find out what to do. And here someone advice me that It's most likely because you were wearing an un-droppable or quest item (such as the stolen Van Graff armor for example or Motor Runner's helmet). I just finished the dlc and can't leave through the Sierra Madre Gates without it freezing my Xbox.