Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is overheating my GPU.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is overheating my GPU.

Read a lot about the IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover game so purchased it. But whenever I am trying to play the game in my system running Windows Vista I am facing this particular problem. The GPU seems to be overheating at it always shows the GPU temperature to be around 90 to 100 degree Celsius. The GPU fan seems to be running at 2500 RPM. On ROF my GPU runs at about 65-70 degrees Celsius at all times. I am unable to understand what must be causing this overheating. Does anyone knows anything about this matter then please help me with your suggestions.

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is overheating my GPU.

You should probably check out whether your computer is meeting the minimum system requirement to play the game. Check on the official website of IL-2 Sturvmovik: Cliffs of Dover and check out there, what is the minimum system requirement needed to play the game smoothly. There is a very high possibility that the overheating of GPU is happening because the system is unable to match the system requirement assigned by the developer of the games. I would suggest you to meet up the system requirements needed to play the following game in your system.

Did you try solving this problem by increasing the fan response? Because your fan doesn’t seems to be working at its full potential. You should try to play the game with the fan control settings which can be manually adjusted as the GPU activity increases. You should probably try to manually change the RPM:
    • Temperature. You can do that by following these steps:
    • In the EVGA Precision, click on the configuration spanner
    • Now click on Fan and enable the software automatic fan control.

I would suggest you to check if the problem exists only when you play this game or the problem occurs when you playing any other game as well. If the problem is while playing any game then probably there is some problem with the graphic card. You should check whether the graphic card requirement of the game is met or not, because usually such games requires large resource to function properly. You should also make sure that you have kept your graphic card drivers updated. And if you are facing the overheating problem only when you play the COD game then the problem is with this game only. Uninstall and reinstall the game and check whether the problem exists or not.

The logical answer that I see for your GPU overheating problem is to get a better cooling system for your system. Overheating can be caused if there is lots of dirt and dust accumulation within the system. Make sure that no such things get accumulated in your cabinet or in your system, because they will just hamper the ventilation of your system thereby creating more problems. You can add up extra fan(s) to make your cooling system better. This may help you in reducing the heating to at least some extent.

WOW!!! The replies were really quick. Thank you for removing some time from your life and replying to this thread. It was really kind of every one of you to guide me through my problem. It seems I had some problem with my graphic card. I upgraded my system to more then what was the minimum specification required and updated all my drivers. Cleaned the system, removed all the dirt and dust which was accumulated inside the cabinet and near the fan area. And now finally I am able to play without much issue. Once again, Thank you so much for the help.