Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 2 crashes everytime on Chapter 7

Dead Space 2 crashes everytime on Chapter 7

I am newbie in playing the Dead Space 2 and I have came up to Chapter 7. When I hack the door and get to the Solar Array Control Pod, While running down to the hallway, the whole game freezes. Reason is "deadspace2.exe has stopped working." I don't get it that what could be the problem here I have played this up to this point without any problem.

Re: Dead Space 2 crashes everytime on Chapter 7

I have seen the same problem on the Windows Vista machine. A return to Windows XP may seem a good temporary solution, however, this involves drawing a cross on DirectX10 compatible only on Vista OS. I guess the problem might be causing due to the DirectX support on your machine. I suggest you to download the latest DirectX 11 which may solve this problem. Also, for laptops, find drivers for XP recognizing latest phones quickly becoming a very big puzzle. In short, very little for me back XP.

It could be appearing because of bad RAM, some warn that it could be this concern. However much change after announcement of ram concern persists, while others shouted proudly that they are finally free of the curse crashing errors. I suggest you to check that the RAM support on your machine is enough or not. You may try setting up the RAM again on your machine and then check that it works or not.

In most of the cases, Graphic drivers are the main thing causing the game crashing on windows machine. I suggest you to download the latest graphic drivers and then check that it works for you or not. Best way to update the drivers for any hardware on your machine is to just check it from the Device Manager. I suggest you to right click on the My Computer and then go to the Manage where you can point out the Device Manager. After opening it, You need to select for the Graphic Card that you have installed on your machine. Start updating the drivers now.

What the .....? Dude the problem is u ! just buy a original copy ! Pirate

I don't think that this issue is generated because of the pirated version. The reason is that many users are having some kind of issues (major are facing while playing Chapter 7). Now, I am thinking that there should be some bug in this game. I have also tried to retrieve some information from EA website, but they have not mentioned anything about this. Lets hope that they will provide patch to overcome such bugs soon. Not having enough information about this query. If I come to know, I will post here immediately.

I don't know what exactly issue you are facing.?!! Because I have cleared that Chapter and I didn't had any issue. Now I am at chapter 10. Actually I was stuck at chapter 7 (but luckily wasn't an issue), I was not able to clear that part. After lifting the solar panel, I was not able to kill an enemies. I played that chapter many times, but I was not successful until I found nice walkthrough Dead Space 2 Walkthrough And Cheats which guided me properly. Now turning towards your issue, I think that you are pretty unlucky.. You should try to install the game again and then place the save file and play directly from chapter 7.

It has been reported several times on some forums that it can be a power problem, especially with the onerous cards 8800, which does not fit correctly in PCI-Express. This would produce a loss of power. A simple washer with the screw on the map to make it less sensitive to vibration, and thus prevented from leaving the slot. However, it is not easy to disassemble a laptop. That's could be problem for many users.

I have a solution for this problem. I read somewhere we have to delete the local content through Steam and then we have to re-download it again and install it on our pc. It sounds pretty weird but it did solve this crashing problem. What comes into my mind is that there might be a corrupt file that might be causing the crash at the transport hub in the chapter 7 of this dead space 2 game. Previously, I did had some problem related to Steam which used to freeze my computer a couple of times, probably due to the antivirus or firewall conflicts or such, though I dont know what was causing this but am glad that it is now resolved.

Even I think that problem you are facing can arise because of corrupt files that are situated in your game folder.

It has been reported several times on some forums that it can be a power problem, especially with the onerous cards 8800, which does not fit correctly in PCI-Express. This would produce a loss of power.
    For such case, its definitely not a power problem. The game crashes only at chapter 7, doesn't mean that you are having power supply problems. Its surely the corrupted files die to which you are not able to proceed in the game. Try to repair it (don't forget to take up proper backups). And I am sure that you can play game normally after repairing.

Even I am having an issue in Chapter 7 but bit different. I have lastly arrived onto the solar array and have reached the door where you require a definite clearance to open it. And from here onward comes the problem. I have tried number of times (and still trying) to demonstrate the carcass to the scanner but the guy is not accepted by the door and now I am stuck. Do you know how I can tackle this situation? I really want to proceed soon. Please help.

The untimely Fairlight cracked version of the game executable made the game crash, when you tried to unlock the door at the end of a longgg tunnel unraveling the mainframe area from the elevator to the solar panel control room. There was nobody in that cracked executable that forbidden you from playing through the game until that point, counting but not limited to glitch out significant game events such as showing a corpse in order to step forward past a given point.

can some one upload savegame from start 8th chapter
    waiting for positive response

If you are looking for the save game of chapter 8 then i will advise you to check out forum post Dead space 2 save game download for pc - 95% chapter completed which is already having the chapter 8 completed and it will help you with the same. Why you need to run save game. If you are having any problem completing the chapter 8 then you can visit the below given link which is having complete guide to clear the chapters in Dead Space 2.
    Dead Space 2 Walkthrough And Cheats

@rockon
    thanx for reply but i have already tried, that is 95% (almost last fight).and i am facing a glitch on last part of 7th chapter that why am asking iff somebody can upload very start save from chapter 8 thsnx again

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast