Thread: Super Meat Boy-Change controls of shift + spacebar to A + S combination

Super Meat Boy-Change controls of shift + spacebar to A + S combination

I have a desktop computer at my home. Normally I use it for doing my college projects and preparing the notes. Some time i also use it for playing games. I have installed Super Meat Boy game on my computer. I need help related with this game. I don’t have any problem while playing the game it works fine. I am looking to actually change the controls from shift spacebar and make it as the combination of A + S key. But I don’t know how to make this particular change. So I need your help in on this query. Is there any one who has done this before on his computer or has some idea related with it? Please do help me out. Thanks.

Re: Super Meat Boy-Change controls of shift + spacebar to A + S combination

According to my knowledge the A + S keys automatically starts working when you are on the level. So you will not require changing any kind of setting or doing something else. I will like to tell you that at this movement there does not exist any method to customize them to any other keys. I have tried to remap my keyboard using KeyTweak, but this did not help me out, as it was not working on the game. So I think that we cannot any anything about it as of now.

I have gone through your post and as you have mentioned that you are looking to change the control the control of some of your keys. So I will like to tell you that as of now you cannot do anything with the controls. Recently I have read an article on this Super Meat Boy game and in that article they have mentioned that in the coming days they are going to added this in customizable control options. Currently they are trying to fix some bugs. So you will have to wait for some time, till they do this. Hope have helped you.

I am facing some problem with this game as well. I was playing this game quite comfortably without any problem on my computer. But today in the morning when I started this game it started well and in between the game the some of the controls stopped working. Then I restarted the machine. After that I again started the game and the same problem again. I don’t have much idea related with this problem. So if you have any solution regarding this problem please try to help me out. Any help regarding this problem will be appreciated. Thanks.

Happy Kids these days

lol, you just have to change the file named buttonmap.cfg.
    Open it in NotePad.

Then i just changed to:

Code:
    keyboard
    {
    	up="up";
    	down="down";
    	left="left";
    	right="right";
    	jump="x";
    	special="z";
    }

gamepad
    {
    	jump="1";
    	special="3";
    	useanalog="true";
    }
    You can use "a" and "s". I just changed to "x" and "z" cuz i find it better like that.
    This will only take effect when you're inside a level though.
    I hope this helps.

(sry for my english)
    Last edited by Jokerguy; 17-02-2011 at 11:34 AM.