Thread: BSOD while playing Sudden attack in Windows 7

BSOD while playing Sudden attack in Windows 7

Sup gamers, I am facing this weird issue while playing some game on my desktop computer. I have a desktop computer which is powered by Intel dual core processor and has a Nvidia graphic card. The operating system on the computer is Windows 7. Recently I installed the games like Sudden attack and Wolfteam but I am not able to play the game. Every time I start the game, I get a BSOD while playing Sudden attack in Windows 7. I think the configuration is good enough to run such games and hence I cannot figure out why I am facing such problems. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: BSOD while playing Sudden attack in Windows 7

I think there is some problem with the version of the game which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the system then the application will not work properly. The only solution to such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. Uninstall the current version of the game and remove all the files/keys associated to it. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reboot the system and reinstall the game.

Dual core processors have two processing cores which are out of sync with each other. Whenever any application is started on the computer, both the cores start processing the application together, which might create problem while playing some games. You will have to disable the extra processing core of the computer while playing the game. To disable the extra processing core, open the game and start the task manager. Now go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select Set affinity and remove one of the CPU from the list. Click OK and resume the game.

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows Xp operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system is available online. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is supported or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Sometimes the configuration of the graphic card conflicts with the game settings due to which the game does not work properly. All the Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing softwares. These settings sometimes create problem while playing some game. Try and configure the graphic card again and see if the game works properly or not. To configure the graphic card again, go to graphic properties and then click on Manage 3D settings. Disable the following features of the graphic card :-
    1. Triple Buffering.
    2. Anistropic filtering.
    3. Vertical sync.
    After disabling all these features, apply the settings and see if the game works properly or not.

Try running the game in compatibility mode. All the versions of Windows operating system which are released after Windows XP have compatibility mode feature. Compatibility mode enables the user to use the applications which worked properly in the earlier version of Windows in the latest version. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and select the option which says "Run the game in compatibility mode". Select Windows XP SP2 and apply the settings. Check if the game is running properly.