Thread: Will Facebook get a ‘Hate’ or ‘Dislike’ button?

Will Facebook get a ‘Hate’ or ‘Dislike’ button?

In one of the articles that I have read from the Hindustan times today I got to hear that facebook is planning to get in the hate or dislike button. A button to showcase the message to the opposition saying that I don’t support your ideas. Running in with the popularity of Like button, which is a social plugin that allows the users to like whatever comment, status or app in the facebook. Facebook people are hoping that hate or the dislike button will garner more popularity than the like button because many of the people who visit their social networking site feel that they are missing this button. As such facebook has not conceptualized anything on this but they are working on this idea. the buttons names has also been not decided yet they are confused as if what should be the name whether it is ‘Hate’ or ‘Dislike’. Anyways I want to know some opinions from you all on what do you all think about it. Please reply.

ThumbsUp Re: Will Facebook get a ‘Hate’ or ‘Dislike’ button?

Nice to see that they are implementing this feature. I was seriously missing this feature in FB and now I am happy that they have finally thought of adding it. I hope to see that thing as early as possible. So that even I can get a chance of disliking the post which I don’t like in my friends wall. Well FB would be certainly enjoyable after this.

Re: Will Facebook get a ‘Hate’ or ‘Dislike’ button?

No, I don’t support this idea at all. This is one more way by which facebook is thinking about negativity in the social media. First of all they don’t have a proper access to the content that they publish in the FB. Many people come out and post some illicit photographs in their websites and there is no monitoring tam to deal with it. with the introduction of the hate or the dislike button in the FB it will spread a huge number of hate and negativity among the people. Which I don’t want to see it in the FB. Like button was a good concept it FB which should not be challenged.

A change is part and parcel of nature. Unless you don’t change how will people know about you. So this feature is about to be implemented and not implemented yet in FB. We should rather welcome it rather than opposing it.

Facebook should not change first of all. The timeline feature that it has recently brought in is not at all good . I don’t like that. I was happy with the old facebook concept of posting everything in the wall and liking the comments and status. Well with the introduction of hate or dislike button more negativity will spread among the facebook users. People would start acting against those who had earlier disliked their posts. Disliking in itself is a negative thing then why Mark zuckerberg is planning to introduce it. One of the inside sources from facebook have already said that ‘Mark is estimating 2 billion Hates on the first day.’ God! That’s dam sick. Should not happen. Totally against it.

Hate would be a very strong word to keep. I would be happy if they keep it Dislike button, that’s sounds quite normal and also is in rhyming with the like button, Like-dislike.

I think so its just a speculation. Facebook is currently happy with what it is getting right now. I don’t know about the hate or dislike button but surely facebook is planning to introduce its own search engine. For more information you can read this article Facebook making own search engine against Google .

Don’t know, if you all believe or not but with the introduction of the hate or dislike button the Facebook will get a better growth after that. According to a report FB gets 2.7 billion Likes and Comments per day. Many insiders feel that the growth would double if hate button is introduced because it will create a separate section for the others who hate things. There are lots of people who like negativity in this world and Hate or dislike button will prove to be worth for them. So facebook is proving to be a good platform for the good as well as the bad people.

This will be something new to have a look at. We should always welcome something new. I am happy reading this article. So definitely I would like to know more about this hate button, like when the FB people are trying to implement it and all? Any exact dates as such?

No such dates announced but I think this is just a development news or it can also be a rumor in case if it turns out to be false. So we cant conclude to anywhere over here on this. wait for sometime till we get some exact updates about this.