Thread: Issues with the Router

Issues with the Router

I really have some serious issues with the Router that I am having with me. I am having with me D-Link 655 router. I have been noticing this issue with the router for the past few months. It always goes out of order for few days. In the switch are whenever I plug in the Ethernet cord it comes up with the issue. This problem is only with the wired section of the router. When I pull of the cord the wireless networks starts to work again. I am really fed up with the behavior of the router. At first there was no such issue with the router but it has started to appear here. It works for say three days and then as I mentioned it goes off for few days and then I have to work using the wireless mode. I am really blank about the situation and have nothing so that I can start up with. Well I do not have issues with the wireless connections but the only thing that I have felt is regarding the speed. I have seen the speed being suffered. Do you all have any ideas for the same?

Re: Issues with the Router

I am of the opinion that you are facing this scenario because of the DHCP. It is an auto configuration protocol that is used on the IP networks. The thing is that the DHCP is used so that the computers on the network can be configured automatically and the burden of the Network Administrator can be lowered. This is really important; it tries to avoid the scenario in which the two computers are getting configured with the same IP address. In order to do the same it possesses a central database which takes care of the IP conflict. I would suggest you to set the number of DHCP addresses that are available. In your case if you are having all the addresses engaged then I am sure that disconnecting it from the switch will free up one of the DHCP address and then you will have the thing that you are looking for. Just give it a try and let me if that favored you in any manner.

I have the Belkin Router with me and the thing is that I have seen some issues with the light that it is having on it. I do not have any idea regarding the Modem Box but I have some issues with the Red light that it (Router) is having on its face. I have seen that the light for the Modem in the Router links RED. I am really worried fort the same. I do not have any idea regarding who is the one that is causing the problem. Is it from the Modem side or from the Router? I had never noticed the RED light before. Any ideas or any help in the matter will be really supportive. Well in addition to all the above things let me tell you that I was facing some of the issues with the Internet Connection and hence I went to see and found this thing. Any ideas.

Well to start up with you kAMARAJA, I have some things that I will need to ask you before posting some of the replies here. Do post with the reply so that we can server you in a better manner. Is the internet on your side is still working. Are the things in the router proper, I meant that is the Router is correctly configured so that it can receive the signal from the modem? Post back with some results and then we will come up with some solutions. In the meanwhile if you wish you can try restarting both the things i.e. Modem and the Router. Sometimes the restarting also helps in such matter. In addition to this let me tell you that it is not bad to have the RED light on the router. Please post soon with the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharia View Post
    I am of the opinion that you are facing this scenario because of the DHCP. It is an auto configuration protocol that is used on the IP networks. The thing is that the DHCP is used so that the computers on the network can be configured automatically and the burden of the Network Administrator can be lowered. This is really important; it tries to avoid the scenario in which the two computers are getting configured with the same IP address. In order to do the same it possesses a central database which takes care of the IP conflict. I would suggest you to set the number of DHCP addresses that are available. In your case if you are having all the addresses engaged then I am sure that disconnecting it from the switch will free up one of the DHCP address and then you will have the thing that you are looking for. Just give it a try and let me if that favored you in any manner.
    Thanks a lot for the replies from your side, but I do not think that the issue that I am facing at the moment can be because of the DHCP. The range that I am having for the DHCP server is from 192.168.0.160 - 192.168.0.209. On top of that I have only 10 connections in one go, the 10 connection that I have are both wired and wireless. So after looking at all these things I have come to the conclusion that it cannot be because of the DHCP. Also I do not think that resting the same (router) is also going to help. As I have seen that before, when I did it at that time the only computer that is connected to the router is mine and at that time too I have seen the same issue. What is the next thing that you all will suggest me to do?

I have seen a lot of issues with the Internet routers and I m of the opinion that the issues are not newer. I have some of the threads that have same or similar issues that you are facing and I will be happy if you all can have a look at those. Just refer the same and let us know if that helped you in any manner to fix your problem. Here are the links and let me know if that solved the issues in any manner. Issue With A Wireless Router and Router Firmware Issues. Also I have something for kAMARAJA and I am sure that it will help him to fetch the solution from there: Belkin Router Issue. Hope that all the above threads will help you. Post if that helped.