Thread: Router Firmware Issues

Router Firmware Issues

I installed Tomato 1.27 firmware and from the other day I have facing issues. It started with the Google product, Reader, Gmail and all of them. Suddenly they are not loading, but giving the me Server Not Found issue. So I turned off my Windows Firewall, and it worked again.

Then it happened again, and then fixed it myself. Had a similar problem with Spybot, worked again after Firewall disabled.

I figured it must be the new router firmware, but how? I see no place in settings of exclusions in Firewall, even then I have no idea why it is not working then not work. It is very strange. But that is the only thing I have changed.

Any idea related to this Router Firmware Issues?

Re: Router Firmware Issues

Tomato is not having any relation which you have described about your problem in simple words it has nothing to do with that. I think it is just a coincidence. I think that your machine is not getting the correct DNS information. Try to configure it manually on your machine and then flush the DNS and check whether it fixes anything.

Thanks for the reply,
    I have tried to flush the DNS but it did not worked for me. After that I have switched to the default Linksys firmware and now the things are back to normal. Except some pages are not loading. They are just displaying a white page. If you can provide the solution for that then I will be thankful.

Currently I am using Tomato and I have just enabled the PNP and the NAT and now it is working fine, it will be better to say that it is working in best condition. Believe me I have used the WRT54GL and now using Asus RT. I have not made any further changes in my router and start using it as soon I unpacked it.

If you are having problem router firmware issue then you should try to upgrade the java client method. You can do that by just following these simple steps.
    1. If you are not having Applet Runner, then download the MacOS Runtime for the Java package.
    2. After that open the Applet Runner and un-restrict the security settings in the Applet Runner’s preferences panel.
    3. After that download and uncompress the firmware .exe file from the FTP or official website of Linksys.
    4. Now you have to move the CODE.BIN file in the extended folder to desktop.
    5. Then type http://192.168.1.1/Upgrade.htm in the address box of the Applet Runner.
    6. After the upgrade is complete you just have to restart your router and if there are any special settings then restore it.

I was also facing the similar problem of firmware update but I have resolved it.
    I am using 1.35 with an OS/2 machine.
    You just have to follow these simple steps for resolving the problem.

1. First you have to temporarily remove the password via Administrator web pages.
    2. After that exit you web browser
    3. Then go to the directory where the code.bin file is placed.
    4. After that type "tftp router's_address>" for starting tftp and connect through the router
    5. After that type “mode binary” for getting in to binary mode.
    6. Then type the “put code.bin” for uploading the code.
    7. and the last step is to type “quit” for going back to the command prompt.

It is a good idea to download a copy of the existing version of your firmware from Linksys FTP site so you can restore it if something goes wrong with the newer version of firmware you are trying to load. If you can not find your exact version, just download the latest version. If Linksys FTP server is down, use the 1.30 version from here (it's the whole 1.8MB self-extracting. "Exe" file).