Thread: logitech quickcam pro 9000 won't record in email mode

logitech quickcam pro 9000 won't record in email mode

I recently purchased my Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 yesterday, and I like to use this but when I am going to record the video using previously installed Ligtech's QuickCam software in the "email quality" resolution, it is not recording . QuickCam says that it is recording, as the button moves from "Record Video" to "Stop Recording." Also, I can record very well in other defined resolutions.

One more thing , the Logitech QuickCam software has fully frozen on me near about three times and Windows Task Manager also can't terminate it. So I have to reboot my PC . It usually come up after having QuickCam open for more than 20 minutes.Why, it is going on like this, please suggest me some solutions regarding this ...!!!! !

Re: logitech quickcam pro 9000 won't record in email mode

Well, This is very weird issue and I think it can be solve d but you have to provide me some information about your common system configuration that would be helpful for me to measure the proper solution ...

1- What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera tag or preferably the USB\VID ID?
    2- What version of the Logitech provided QuickCam software application or any drivers is installed into your system ?
    3- Which one operating system you are working currently ?
    Last edited by deveritt; 09-06-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Can you tell me one thing, the same issue occurred when the QuickCam 11.8.0.1065 is installed ? By the way the problem can be solved but you have to perform the reinstallation of QuickCam. A clean installation can solve this issue in proper way.

You should verify that your camera is being completely detected in the Device Manager section . It should display up as an Imaging Device, a Sound Device (Logitech Microphone, if it is ready ), and as a USB Device. If any of these are not getting displayed up as being installed commonly then you require to uninstall and then after re-install the QuickCam "clean".
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I would like to add that you should indicate in case, your camera performs properly in the QuickCam/ImageStudio environment and even if you only intend to work with your camera using the third-party Instant Messenger program.It is vital to make sure that your camera was installed in proper manner and that all hardware functions are fully operational.

You should indicate if you are capable to capture/store/view still images, and if you can capture/store/view a video (with audio) properly. If you are not getting any images (or a "black" image) in the preview window and a TV Tuner card installed then please indicate this also in same way. If you can give a sample image or video file displaying us what you got on your screen, which can be of great help as well. Particular suggestions for posting samples to the forum can be found here. Additionally, you should also indicate if you are able to access the camera through the TWAIN (scanner interface), and through Windows WIA.If your operating system and version of QuickCam compatible with these features.