Thread: How to setup a chat room?

How to setup a chat room?

HI,

I want to setup my own chat room on my own website, what i have to do to create simple chat room for vistors on my website? please let me know the step wise procedure, thanking you.

Re: How to setup a chat room?

You will need a free web addon for your site to add a chat roon, search on yahoo or goole for ad free chat roon and you'll get one code and you'll need to add that code in your html file, from where you'll get code read the procedure first. Its just the simple advice to follow. Good luck.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

There are many alternative ways available for configuring your chat room.
    1. The easiest is a simple link.
      Example: "http://www.something.com?chan=YOURROOMNAMEHERE" (Uou can find any free java chat provider by searching in google.)
    2. Second method is using chat code generator, by using chat code generators you can customize almost everything about your chat, including colours of backgrounds, foregrounds, joins, quits, nickname changes, and more!
    3. Many sites also provide the advanced chat room setup options, in which you will find many preconfigured themes available to cut and paste on your website.

For setup a chat room, all you need is your own domain name (yourdomainname.com) and a web hosting.

Note: Don't go for free web hosting because they won't allow you to add chat room.

If you already have web hosting then just just login to your account and go to the Applications tab located in the "Hosting" section. Now navigate the scripts until you find chat room script you want. Click "Install" and your chat room script will be installed instantly.

happy chatting!