Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2009

How to change default search in firefox address bar

Hi, I'm a firefox user, i don't know much about the firefox settings. Till yesterday whenever i was searching anything through firefox address bar , it was giving me the google search in result. But now its giving me the search of SweetIM or something. I guess i changed it accidentally. How can i set firefox address bar to google search?
Old 08-08-2009

Re: How to change default search in firefox address bar

Refer to following threads:

Prevent OpenDNS From Redirecting Google Searches - Fix for Firefox and IE Address Bar
How can i change the default search in Flock

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 08-08-2009

Do the following to change default search engine in address bar.
  • Open Firefox.
  • Enter about:config command in address bar.
  • First go to keyword.url or type keyword.url into “Filter” text box to search for t.
  • Double click on the line of “keyword.url”.
  • By default, the string value for “keyword.url” is “about:neterror?e=query&u=”. To display search results instead, replace the string with one of the following search statements, depending on the search engine you prefer:

• Click OK . and you done.
Old 08-08-2009

• Open up firefox and run command “about:config” in address bar.
  • Inside of the filter search box, search:

Code:
    browser.search.defaultenginename
  • Double click that entry (or right click and choose “Modify”) and then type in the name of the search engine you wish to have as the default search engine. It must be one that you already have installed and also make sure you type in the name correctly.
  • Now if you type in “Google”, restart Firefox and when your browser comes back up you will see the Google “G” and Google as your default search engine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,