Thread: How to run testusb test application

How to run testusb test application

I really do not know if what I have done here is correct but the thing is that I want to check the USB of mine and for that I have tried to make use of the testusb application here. I have the Linux Distribution Ubuntu installed here on the system and hence I just want to know if it is at all possible here to have this thing here in my case. Any one if can tell me the proper way of running it. I tried the following things here. I plugged the USB stick in the system and then after that I ran the following command there:
    Code:
    testusb –a
    When I entered this after few seconds I got a pop up saying that there is no such device there. So please can anyone here can help me with the issue here that I have. I really want to get out of this and will be happy if you all can come to the remedy soon.

Re: How to run testusb test application

Well I would like to know what is the exact error that you are getting on the screen of yours and it will be nice if you can just send use here the screen shots of the errors and the things that you did that is causing you the error there. Also in addition to that I also wanted to know if you have made any changes to the usbtest/testusb.c file. Please see for this there and let me know if you find anything weird there. Hope that you will come up with the screen shots in the case of yours soon here.

Please try to enter the following commands here on the editor and see if you can get something there:
    Code:
    root> rmmod usb_storage
    root> cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
    Please let me know what you get after you type the above two lines here. After you get some informative type of thing on the screen then type this command there:
    Code:
    root> insmod usbtest.ko vendor=0x0930 product=0x6545
    and after that finally type this in the editor:
    Code:
    root> cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
    After all this gets completed then type the testusb –a command there and see if you can have the USB test on there.

I am also having trouble with the USB of mine and would really like to know if there is a solution in this case here. I want to check the USB ports of mine here. I just want to know if the USB ports there are in use or not. Well that is the case and I found a similar heading so I thought that it will be great here to post my issue here and get the solution in this case here. Can I use the testusb here in my case and if yes please let me know the proper way of using it here. I have heard something about the ttyUSB0 that is in the /dev and I would like to know something related to that here.

Well looking at the case of yours; I really do not think that you can use the testusb in your case. As the case that actually you are looking is for if the USB port is in use or not; but actually the testusb is for checking the USB devices and not the port there and hence this both are different criteria that you all are looking at here. For you well I have a link with me and I am of the opinion that it will really help you with the thing that you actually want here. So just see this link here and let me get notified about the same here: How to test USB ports

If you want you can try the USBHOST Tester here in your case which is actually made for testing the USB host stacks here. Also if you want you can use the USB Analyzers and see if that can help you with the issue of yours. For the USBTEST that is being discussed here let me tell you that there is script called test.sh and see if you can download it again and place it in the required place and then try to go with the usbtest. Also let me tell you that when you insert –a in front of testusb; the application moves towards /proc/usb/bus filesystem but in reality it does not read /proc/usb/devices file at all. So are you able to see the flash drive of yours as a separate file system. Please let me get notified about the same here.