Thread: Bandwidth counted double on subdomains in Cpanel

Bandwidth counted double on subdomains in Cpanel

I am using Cpanel for my domain that control system admin/customer. It provides two interfaces administrations. One on port 2087 for the administrator, which will add accounts, update the machine. And the other on port 2083 for its customers, enabling them to create mailboxes, databases. I have also sub domains, that i can control bandwidth for all. That is by Bandwidth management. But i saw that counted double bandwidth on sub domains. Please help, how to manage bandwidth. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bandwidth counted double on subdomains in Cpanel

Possibly your resource as image, js file, linked from additional sites. Particularly, if your website consists a vast mp3 music file or high quality photos. So web surfers of individuals sites spender all your bandwidth. On the supplementary hand, bandwidth meters perhaps has some troubles, but this case rarely occurs. You also reimburse a sum of money to rent a host that supply more bandwidth than free host.

You need to stop hotlinking in cpanel. They hotlinked to images, and a lot. Check the steps:
    Step 1: You need to login to the server as root in SSH.
    Step 2: This will build a backup copy of the original file in case you require to relapse back
    cp /usr/local/cpanel/apache/mod_bwlimited.c /usr/local/cpanel/apache/mod_bwlimited.c.bak
    Step 3: Then type:
    pico -w /usr/local/cpanel/apache/mod_bwlimited.c

Scroll downward awaiting you reach the piece where you'll see the HTML code for the bandwidth page or do a seek for it in Pico #: Ctrl+W then paste this in: <HTML><HEAD>n<TITLE>509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded</TITLE>
    Change it to whatever you like... carefully.
    Step 4: after that save the file while still in pico #:
    Crtl+X then Y

You can also use WHMSonic Shoutcast Admin Pro. WHMSonic is a well-liked WHM/cPanel plugin, future on making your life easier. WHMSonic's plugins put in in seconds and let you to their Shoutcast streaming media, AutoDJ, radio reseller from your Dedicated or VPS server without SSH access. That plugins also hold your users cPanel. Users can system radio from their cPanel and fully control it below your permission. It has all you need to control shoutcast.

You need to enable or disable redirection of a subdomain:
    1. Click the Manage Redirection link matching to the subdomain you wish to manage.
    2. If you wish to redirect the subdomain, enter the link you would like to redirect the subdomain to in the obtainable text field.
    3. Click Save.
    4. To put out of action the redirect, click Disable Redirection.

I notice that if I regulate the space and bandwidth quotas for one account by Quota Modification and Limit Bandwidth Usage these settings will be misplaced if I alter the accounts package quotas using edit a Package. The entity account quota tweaks are reset to what the new package values are. It Would creating a divide package for every account (and not using Quota Modification and Limit Bandwidth Usage).