Thread: How to use XForms in PHP?

How to use XForms in PHP?

Hi friends,
    I have used the PHP programming language to better extent. But there are some things that I don't know about. Recently I have been told to use the XForms in our assignment. But I don't know anything about it.!! So thought that someone hanging out there might be interseted in helping me..!! Please tell me how to use XForms in PHP? Since I don't know much about this, please explain me in detail.

Re: How to use XForms in PHP?

XForms is a Standard of the World Wide Web Consortium for electronic forms. You can also say that XForms is the next generation of HTML forms. XForms has some predefined functions. But along with that, if you want to call the functions defined in the scripts, you can do that. An entire XPath 1.0 core function library is included in the XForms function library. XForms uses XML to create input forms on the Web. I would like to tell you that before starting the XForms in PHP, you should have the knowledge about the following topics :
    • HTML
    • HTML Forms
    • XHTML
    • XML
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

XForms is the new markup language for forms on the Web. When you want to do some search by using the XForms, the main difference in XForms is that details of the values collected and how to submit them are Gathered in the head, in an element called model only the form controls are put in the Body. Another difference is the use of h: prefixes on the HTML elements. This has nothing to do with XForms, but with XML Which is designed to allow you to combine different languages together. XForms is designed to be combined with different languages, not just XHTML. XML processors need to be told which language elements belong to different, though one language may be the 'default' language.
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

XForms provides equivalents of all HTML Form controls. But there is a major difference in approach: HTML mainly specifies how the control should look, while XForms specifies what the control should do. So while the HTML specification says that the select element creates a menu, and the radio type of input creates radio buttons that allow a single choice to be made, XForms has the select and select1 elements, which only specify the intent of the controls, to select zero or more, or only one, element from a list.

I am explaining you about the XForms that is used in PHP but in little depth, which can be useful in future. Loading external bodies gives you immense power. This is because the ref attribute on the forms controls does not just let you select an identifier as HTML's name does, but in fact can be any XPath expression. XPath lets you select any element or attribute in an XML document. XForms Allows you to submit controls have different binding submission to different elements in the head to submit the data to different servers, or in different ways.The default when values have been submitted is for the result returned by the server to replace the whole document, just as with HTML.