Thread: Intranet with Java programs

Intranet with Java programs

Hello,
    I would set up an intranet with java and a base to give access. All forms are in near access. Let me know what I need as a software to design. If you have any idea about this then please do post back and if you have done this before then please post me the code, I am not expecting the full code, but the logic can do. Thanks in advance.

Re: Intranet with Java programs

Hello,
    Could you be more specific? Because I think the information you have provided in not full and one can not understand what you are trying to do. Would you put your Access forms online or to create a Java application connected to the Access database? What do you mean by source software? Have you tried something on this, if you have then please post the code that you have done, it would help us to sort out your problem.

Hello,
    At first you need an application server to run the java and a http server for handling HTTP requests. That said some server are both Websphere as it seems. If you want the free will rather that the couple apache / tomcat. You will probably need a database. In this free will rather PosgreSQL or MySQL. These are the basic software that you will require to install if I have not mis-understood you concept , I mean what you are trying to do there.

Hello,
    I agree with the above post, and even I think this is what you will require. In addition, you'll have quite a choice and it depends a bit like "objects" you need: EJB, JSF, JSP. He'll have to choose how to establish the persistence of your data: JDO, Hibernate, EJB. In short, if you want a precise answer we need a specific question. If it is a simple web application linked with Access, it must try to keep things simple. Want to make an intranet or web application? Hope the information will help you.

Hello,
    For the database I have decided to use the Access. This will work with JSP pages, HTML i guess i am correct here. And be with apache / tomcat. I have a database where we acted on it with the forms and full of macro and application, accessible by all and we would like to secure all that. In fact put forms on an intranet that no one can access to the database and it is accessible from any PC that it would pose problems in right places. I hope I am correct with this, if I am not then please guide me with the correct.

Hello,
    Code:
    For the database I have decided to use the Access. This will work with JSP pages, HTML i guess i am correct here.
    If you want it to work on linux then I think this is not a good idea.
    Code:
    This will work with JSP pages, HTML i guess i am correct here. And be with apache / tomcat.
    I do not think that you are some where wrong here. If this level of software architecture I advise you about documenting different framework like Spring or MVC2. It will help to insulate your property development.