Thread: Script for RSS Display Boxes

Script for RSS Display Boxes

I am trying to write the script that will display the display boxes. I have tried lot of different things but not getting the desired results. Can anyone help me by giving the Script for RSS Display Boxes Any script sample would be helpful for me.!! Also by some coding I thought that I've setup the RSS Display Box successfully somewhat. It appears that it's indenting the title of each feed. Please help me soon.!!
    Don't be afraid of darkness, it's in your heart anyway.

Re: Script for RSS Display Boxes

If you are interested in making the Script for RSS Display Boxes, then I would like you to suggest use Ajax. By using the script of Ajax, it is easy to display RSS feeds from other sites inside DIV containers. Since you have not mentioned the exact script language, I am assuming that you are having the knowledge of Ajax. Also in that for displaying RSS feeds from other sites, you would have to communicate with a versatile PHP RSS parser. This versatile PHP RSS parser is called as Simplepie. Hope that this post helped you.!!
    Signatures reduce available bandwidth

I totally agree with the 'Viensterrr'. Even I think that using Ajax , this script makes it easy to display RSS feeds from other sites inside DIV containers, by communicating with a versatile PHP RSS parser called Simplepie. By using this the main advantage is that, each RSS box can be independently tailored, from the RSS feed to fetch, how many items to show o what portions of each entry to display. You can give just the "title", or "title" plus "description" in the RSS Display Boxes.
    3.2 (northwood)
    2gig ram
    ATI AIW X800xt 256mb
    Gigabyte GA-8knxp 875p Chipset
    Optiwrite 8X DVD Burner
    Win XP PRO Sp2 (Works Perfectly)
    2 SATA Raptor 74gig Raid 0
    2 7200 IDE 320gig HD

If you want the ticker to call independently on the page via JavaScript, you can use the following code. By using this you can give multiple links along with the information in the same RSS Display Boxes. The JavaScript on the page looks like this :
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var showschool=new rssdisplaybox("school", "schoolid", "class")
    showschool.set_items_shown(30, 20)
    showschool.set_template("titles") 
    showschool.start()
    </script>

I would like to recommend you to use the coding. But if that is not working then you can try to download the coding from the web. The easiest way to install RSS Display Boxes is to download the zip file from the Internet which is available for free of cost. Also the main drawback of downloading that is you would have to make a lot of changes according to your need. Doing this is not very tough, but takes lot of time. So you can also have that option.

I know the code that is used iside your page that will display the RSS boxes. Initially the main thing is to define a list of desired RSS feeds. Then you are ready to display them inside any page on the same server. Also make sure that you've added the mandatory code that should appear inside the HEAD section to your page. You can use the following for doing the same :
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="rssbox/rssdisplaybox.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="rssbox/demolist.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="rssbox/rssdisplaybox.js">

</script>