Thread: How to Add scrollbar to bottom of HTML

How to Add scrollbar to bottom of HTML

Hello everyone i have started to learn Hypertext markup language (HTML). While I was trying to develop a web page for my self. I want to add a scrollbar at the bottom of the html document. Because i want to scroll my web page from left to right instead of the bottom up scrolling. Please tell me how can i add scrollbars to the bottom of the HTML page
    Last edited by Slender; 22-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Re: How to Add scrollbar to bottom of HTML

The appearance of the scroll bar is an autonomous process. You can also say that if the page is too large, in width, to be displayed in the browser window on a computer, then the horizontal scroll bar will automatically appear. Similarly the vertical scroll bars too appear in on the side. Also i am not familiar about a code that will add a scroll bar at the bottom of the HTML page.
    Last edited by absolute55; 22-01-2010 at 08:13 PM.

You have not mentioned the problem somewhat clearly so is my request that you try to post another reply in which you mention the problem more clearly. Because unless the problem is not clear enough it is not possible to suggest a solution or implement on your problem. Also try to send a link in your post.
    Last edited by Reegan; 22-01-2010 at 08:14 PM.

The html document which i have made basically contains all links which is present in the form of paragraph. As you take the mouse and try to make your window somewhat narrower the contents in the window just squeeze narrower, a 8" wide paragraph becomes 4" wide just more pages down, Which does not seems to be right. That's why i want to add scroll bar to the bottom of the html page.

Your problems seems to be quiet simple one . If you don't want the size or layout of the page to change then you will have to make use of the percentage widths and sizes instead of the default fixed width and sizes. I hope you will fix this issue soon and also post further if this does not help you.
    Last edited by Modifier; 22-01-2010 at 08:22 PM.

In order to achieve this you must make use of fixed width because this is the only way by which you can achieve this objective. The scrollbar will appear at the bottom of the window if the site visitor minimizes their browser window to less then the width which is specified in the HTML code. Because the page content remain in their own place when the browser window is minimized by the visitor.
    Last edited by Zecho; 22-01-2010 at 08:28 PM.